The Red State Ranger

"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - GK Chesterton

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

We're Not in Kansas Anymore

Well, mostly...

Sure, it's as flat as Kansas, on a clear night there are as many stars as Kansas, the rain on the dirt even smells a little like Kansas, and, as I found out this morning, it gets windy like Kansas. But that's about where the similarities end.

You see, I'm in Iraq. I'm currently deployed here with the military, but, as I'm sure you can understand, I can't get much more specific than that for a number of reasons. As a result, this post marks a change in the format of my blog, at least for the time being. Instead of being an essay format, it will become somewhat of a journal/essay hybrid - at least that's my intent. I'll still try to do my best to keep the content fairly readable; I know this might be disappointing, but you'll get no "I woke up and brushed my teeth today" from me. So, stay tuned, and I'll try to make it worth your while and mine. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to drop them in the comment section, and I'll do my best to address what I can. Until then, you can expect my first journal-essay sometime tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I never thought that Kansas was sandy. South of Garden City are some monster sandhills that have been developed into irrigated fields. I visited with the dudes at the board tonight, and they thought you need to brings some sand and see if it will grow corn. Get your ideas on paper (or screen) and we will critique them. Later

    BOSS

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Blessings! I look forward to your insights from Iraq. O, by the way, even at its worse Kansas is much, much better. Look forward to when you can drive through it again.

     
  • At 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    From a Blue state:
    Am enjoying reading your blogs. Keep them coming as we welcome differences and different opinions. Gives us older people insight into a younger generation. Happy and healthy new year to you.
    The Maine Folks

     
  • At 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Our thoughts and prayer are always with you. I enjoy reading your blogs. Keep them coming.
    The Nebraskans

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home